Maya and Riley
Best friends, Like sisters
Lucas and Riley
Maya and Riley is the friendship pairing of Maya Hart and Riley Matthews. They have been best friends for a long time. Maya is able to just enter Riley's apartment either through the front door or Riley's window. The Bay Window is a special place to them. They solve their problems there. Also, they have history together.
- Raya (R/iley and M/aya)
- Rilaya (Ril/ey and M/aya)
- Miley (M/aya and R/iley)
- Mart (M/atthews and H/art)
- Maley (Ma/ya and Ri/ley)
- Maya and Riley sneak out of the window to go to the subway until Cory caught them.
- When they got to the subway station, Maya showed Riley the ropes.
- Riley mimicked Maya's posture on her way to the subway.
- Riley said she was reinventing herself.
- Maya taught Riley how to deal with boys by talking to Lucas Friar.
- Riley said she wanted to be exactly like Maya.
- Riley was carrying Maya's book for her.
- Riley claimed she is not so different to Maya.
- Riley agreed with Maya to the Homework Rebellion.
- They sit together during lunch.
- They try to get Lucas to sit next to them before Farkle Minkus came.
- They squealed when Lucas sat next to them.
- Riley did her homework and Maya's.
- Riley just wanted to stand by her girl.
- They rode the subway home.
- Riley pried the doors open in the subway to get Maya.
- Riley talked to Cory and Topanga about how she's fighting for her best friend.
- Maya and Riley were standing at Riley's locker.
- Maya told Riley to talk to Lucas instead of texting him.
- Riley joked with Lucas about Maya being the mockingbird.
- Maya just entered Riley's home without knocking or ringing.
- They walked to the library with Farkle and Lucas.
- Maya trued to protect Riley from seeing that Lucas was talking to Missy.
- Riley wished it was just her and Maya in the world.
- Maya said it is just the two now.
- Maya wanted to help Riley with her Lucas situation.
- Maya decides to get detention so she could be with Riley.
- They talked about make-up and ninth grade.
- Maya and Riley were asked to the dance by Farkle
- They both agreed to dance with him.
- They were talking to Lucas.
- Riley ran after Maya once Maya found out about the 'F'.
- Riley wanted Maya to go back to class with her.
- Riley thought that Maya was overreacting, like her usual self, and she'd be back by gym class.
- Riley talked to Topanga about how she looks forward to walking with Maya to school.
- Riley helps Cory with Maya about the failed quiz.
- They danced with Cory at the dance.
- Maya laid next to Riley in the play.
- Both got applauded for their performance in the play.
- Maya got a gold locket and Riley wanted to know where she got it from.
- Riley said that if Maya really went to France, she should've brought back a croissant for her.
- Maya gives Riley a croissant from the street.
- Riley wants the truth from Maya and Maya wants Riley to tell Farkle the truth.
- Riley doesn't want Maya to go to jail.
- Maya found Riley's jail story and her concern adorable.
- Maya finally tells Riley the truth about the locket.
- They see the family who owns the locket and gives it back.
- They lay next to each other on the table thing.
- Maya did not approve of Riley's party-girl walk.
- They both believed that Maya would be the one to walk over to the guys if they were at a party.
- Riley got invited to a party and felt bad that Maya didn't.
- Maya was fine with it and wanted Riley to be happy.
- Maya was able to convince Mr. Matthews to let Riley go to the party.
- Maya found it funny that Riley was invited to a geek party.
- Maya threatened Farkle to tell her where Riley was.
- Maya called Riley, "her girl."
- Maya was shocked to see Riley as a Harajuku girl.
- Maya tried one more time to bring Riley back at Riley's house.
- Maya fought with Farkle for Riley.
- Maya had a masterplan to bring back Riley, which worked.
- Maya and Riley sat next to each for art.
- Riley wanted them to be famous artist who belong in Paris.
- Maya drew Riley in Paris.
- Riley acknowledge that Maya was a talented artist.
- Riley felt bad that Maya's mom didn't come to career day.
- Maya told Riley to not feel bad for her that her mom didn't come.
- When Maya's mom came the next day, Riley told her to go to the art exhibit to see Maya's talent.
- Maya drew Riley with hearts coming out of her chest for art.
- Riley broke the news that she entered Maya in the art exhibit.
- Maya threw paint at her, which started a paint fight between the two.
- When Riley told Maya that she also invited her mom, she poured the paint like Maya commanded.
- Riley was happy to see Maya's painting displayed.
- Riley hunted Maya's mom down for not showing up to see Maya's work.
- Riley shared half a tuna melt with Maya, although she offered to give the whole thing.
- They both wanted the present from Cory.
- They both went to Farkle's debate.
- They were going to comfort Farkle after his defeat, until they got distracted by the melon balls.
- Maya said she already has a weird friend and Riley knew she was talking about her.
- Maya and Riley helped Smackle with her appearance.
- They "understood the universe" after Smackle told them E=mc^2.
- Maya and Riley entered the debate team's meeting together.
- Both were confused and mad that Smackle played them.
- Maya and Riley sat together in the booth at the bakery.
- They both believed history had nothing to deal with them.
- Riley tried to persuade Maya to take the art book with her.
- Riley continued 'The Girl With the Long Blonde Hair' poem and talked about Maya.
- When Maya sang her Bucky McBoing Boing song,Riley danced along.
- Maya went back to the bakery to retrieve the art book and inside was Riley's note saying, "Maya's art goes here. Change the world." It had a picture of two girls holding hands.
- Riley was excited to find out that Maya's great-grandmother was her great-grandmother's friend.
- Maya corrected Riley by telling her that May Clutterbucket walked out on Rosie McGee.
- Riley assured Maya that she doesn't give up, she's not a Clutterbucket, she's all Hart.
- They arrived to history class early with Farkle and Lucas.
- They arrived the subway station together.
- They see Crazy Hat and talk to her.
- When they get to school, they worry about their futures.
- When they get fired from Farkle, the muffin company, they go to the subway station to see none other than Crazy Hat.
- Although Maya didn't want to go back to school, she followed Riley.
- They started their own foundation, The Matthews and Hart Umbrella Foundation.
- Evelyn Rand, also known as Crazy Hat, calls them her two dollies.
- They leave the classroom together with their first umbrella.
- Riley and Maya are sitting with Evelyn at the subway station just observing people.
- They leave the station together.
- Riley cheers Maya on during a game of softball.
- Maya was impressed with Riley when she got Lucas to help with her glove.
- Riley asked Maya if they're still doing candy trades at her house.
- Maya said yes, but they should do at her house this year.
- Maya tell Riley there's nothing to be scared of when sleeping at her house.
- Maya felt bad every time Riley left her house during the night.
- Riley never wanted Maya to feel bad.
- Maya wanted Riley to stay the night at her house.
- She asked Riley to follow her.
- Riley was curled up in a ball in Maya's room.
- Maya explained to Riley that everything was gonna be okay.
- They were gonna sleep in the same bed.
- Every time Riley was afraid, she would scream Maya's name.
- Maya did anything to Riley to go to bed.
- They screamed when the boys scared them.
- They stayed up a little longer to see what happens next in Maya's neighborhood.
- They were both bratty in this episode.
- Maya tried to wake up Riley by tickling her feet.
- Riley said that she'll never take Maya for granted during history when Cory was talking about taking people for granted, thinking it was meant towards Maya.
- They were in the lunch line together.
- They both found the food disgusting.
- They didn't eat their food, along with Farkle and Lucas.
- Maya and Riley were assigned cafeteria duty together as their elective.
- They agreed they looked cute in their lunchroom attire.
- They were tired after school from their work and didn't help Topanga with the groceries.
- They were gonna go through the dishwasher to get clean.
- They realized Geralyn Thompson's job was difficult.
- They acknowledged Geralyn Thompson in the end.
- Riley and Maya believed that girl's should have their own "Handshake of Awesomeness." With that, they did their usual "Stahp it."
- When class ended, Riley went up to Cory and Maya followed her.
- Riley believed that a trophy would make her feel better about herself, however, Maya said that she doesn't need that.
- Riley and Maya calls Riley's window special to them.
- Riley screamed that Maya that she gave her bad advice.
- Riley hugged Maya when Cory was trying to get hold of Lucas.
- Riley and Maya walked into gym class together.
- Riley and Maya were side-hugging when Billy called them "these guys."
- Riley and Maya looked at each other when Farkle said he could fly in desperate situations, and immediately got something to soften Farkle's fall.
- Maya knew that Riley would want to do something about Billy.
- Riley and Maya couldn't believe that Billy would bully Farkle.
- They wiped their flaws away.
- Maya asked Riley if she was okay that she didn't get a trophy.
- Riley asked Maya how to act cool that she got a trophy. Maya responded, "Just be you."
Similarities and differencesEdit
- They attend John Quincy Adams Middle School.
- They are both friends with Farkle and, eventually, Lucas.
- They are the same age.
- They both have Cory as their seventh grade History teacher.
- They are both females.
- They are both the love interests of Farkle.
- Riley has brown hair, while Maya has blonde.
- Riley has brown eyes, while Maya has blue.
- Riley has tan skin, while Maya has pale skin.
- Riley has good grades while Maya's are relatively worse.
- Riley is a good child, while Maya is a rebel.
- Riley has a brother, while Maya does not, not including the half-siblings.
- Riley has a stable family life, while Maya broken home.
- Riley tends to stick with the status quo, while Maya prefers to rebel.
- The Matthews are affluent, The Harts are less prosperous.
- Riley generally acts neurotic, Maya always displayed an easy confidence.
- Riley is more of an optimist, Maya is more of a pessimist.
- Riley has a twisted need to fix things, while Maya leaves things be.
- Maya is talented in art, while Riley is known to not be.
- Riley has known feelings for Lucas, while Maya does (did) not.
| To view the Maya and Riley gallery, click here.